Re: [News] Windows Vista - $2525 Just for HARDWARE

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Vista - $2525 Just for HARDWARE
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:45:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
Jim <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On or about 2006-09-13 Wednesday 22:12, I did witness the following events
> concerning Mark Kent:
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Geez. My computer cost less than 10% that price. And the O/S (Opensuse)
>>> was free.
>>>
>>> Build Your Own Windows Vista System
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2015423,00.asp
>>
>> This really is for people with money to burn, isn't it?
>> ...   How much cash to you want to blow today?
>>

> I was going to blow £1160 today on new hardware. One, a Shuttle mini with a
> 250GB hard drive and DVD burner, TV capture card and FX6600GT graphics. One
> pair of 19" TFT panels. One server stack with 3.2TB storage (to start
> with).
>
> The 28" CRT TV is getting too darn bulky and taking up an entire corner on
> its own. :\ I want to set the panels on the wall and get my 5.1 right.

So alternatively, it just about might get you a Vista-capable PC.  Of
course, then you'd have to buy Vista, and then you'd have a machine with
an operating system on it.  So - you need to start buying applications,
too.

DeVries' Dilemma:
	If you hit two keys on the typewriter, the one you don't want
	hits the paper.