Re: [News] Microsoft Wants to Pwn Your 'Home of the Future'

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:54:16 +0100
<1270358.sR9g9IPk6C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Microsoft's Setting Up Shop At Disneyland
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It turns out that Microsoft just signed a two-year agreement (scroll 3/4
> | of the way down) to spend $10 Million installing their Home of the Future
> | inside "Innoventions" (the Happiest Home on Earth?).
> `----
>
> http://www.longhornblogs.com/robert/archive/2006/09/10/16832.aspx
>
> They have a similar model for "office of the future", which is dull and lacks
> any innovation.

The virtual map has possibilities -- but apparently nobody's gotten
around to implementing Asimov's "guide rod" yet. :-)  The
tendency to change zoom while panning will probably get annoying
after awhile. :-)

I don't see an office, but I see a "home of the future",
(it's a gated two-story) which among other things has an
attractive young lady staring in a mirror with a printout
of Reuters while she's doing her face, and a kid with a
Blackberry-like device.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.