[News] Linux Hardware Compatibility - Mint 'Out of the Box' If You Do Your Homework

The Future of Hardware Compatibility Lists in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| On the opposite end, we have Ubuntu. Ubuntu has worked pretty hard at
| making a clear HLC all but impossible to locate on their website (my
| opinion); however, they are doing some spectacular things by making
| sure their distribution works well with your hardware.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2331&Itemid=449

There are still people who wish to painlessly operate each
Windows-centric/Linux-hostile device they have, or a poor-performance ATi
GPU. Linux is a breeze at the stage of hardware acquition, whether Linux is
preinstalled or not.