Re: Harvard Business School researchers say linux will never beat MS!!!

  • Subject: Re: Harvard Business School researchers say linux will never beat MS!!!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:50:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Wednesday 13 September 2006 05:55 \__

> In article <2063237.7cEvnplCBs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> football club as a child. The point I was making is that he didn't study
>> in Harvard, let alone an institute that strong on a technological side
>> (MIT for example). These people are most likely using La-la land O/S to
>> write Word document and delete SPAM in Outlook Express. And I doubt they
>> ever use(d) Linux at all. They look at it merely as some part of a
>> 'model', failing to acknowldge merits and most probably going by Harvard
>> word of mouth (out-of-date myths).
>
> One of the authors of the paper, Professor Ghemawat, has a PhD from
> Harvard, and numerous journal publications.  He was the youngest person
> to ever make full professor at Harvard's business school.
>
> The other author, whose BA is from Barcelona, has a PhD from the Kellog
> Graduate School of Management of Northwestern Univsersity.  That school
> is generally ranked in the top 5 business schools.  In the current
> USN&WR rankings, for example, it is tied with MIT's Sloan school.
>
> Generally, it is where one does his PhD work that matters.  No one cares
> about undergraduate schools, so why are you even bringing up Barcelona?

...Never heard of Kellog before. My bad. The point I was making is that these
two don't have professional background in computing (emphasis on
/economics/, not Barcelona). My sister, for example, studies management, but
her undergraduate degree was in computer science.