Re: Company Replaces Windows with Linux in 90 Branches

On 2006-09-11, billwg <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You yawn, but not for the right reason, royboy!  If switching 90PCs is
> news, then it must have been a very slow news day or else linux is so
> dead that 90 machines looks like a resurrection!  LOL!!!

 Odd that you ignored the part (that was actually quoted in the post
you're replying to) about how it already had 400 linux boxes deployed.
Apparently once they'd tried it, they liked it so much they went whole
hog.

> There are several hundred million PCs shipping annually now and if
> linux were so much as 0.25% of the total, it would take ten thousand
> articles like this one to tell about it.

 You're right, the vast majority of such transitions aren't publicized.
So, we can assume that there are quite a few 'unheralded' transitions
going on for every one that makes the news. Thanks for pointing that
out!

--
 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                   (313) 227-2317

 "There is no limit to the good you can do if you don't care
         who gets the credit." - George C. Marshall