Re: Konqueror is an Innovative 'Killer' Application for Linux

  • Subject: Re: Konqueror is an Innovative 'Killer' Application for Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:56:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Aquila Deus ] on Monday 11 September 2006 14:59 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> The Linux killer app: KDE's Konqueror
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>> | One of the unique features of Konqueror that really is amazing is
>> | it's ability to do split screen browsing. Right click on the status bar
>> | on the bottom of the screen and you get a menu allowing you to split the
>> | screen either horizontally or vertically.
>> |
>> | This isn't just a "gee whiz" feature. It's actually very useful. Take
>> | shopping on line, for instance. My wife is very jealous of this
>> | feature. :-)
>> |
>> | Take a look at the following screen shot, which shows me looking at
>> | two different tents and comparing their specs side by side.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT4753761802.html
>>
>> Shame for proprietary platforms. No Mac or Windows version, unless you go
>> through the trouble of installing KDE, which is hard.
>>
>> Firefox has the advantage of having a /large/ community that generates
>> plugins. This will probably kill Internet Explorer, Opera and it is
>> already killing Safari (KHTML), in terms of usage.
>
> It doesn't work with gmail and google calebdar.

Not true. GMail and Google Valendar don't work with Konqueror. Google appears
to favour Firefox and IE, only later to support Safari. Konqueror and Opera
are, to Google, not worth RoI-wise. Bin the mantra.

And by the way, Google think Web standards are a joke. Hypocrisy by all
means...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Those who can, Open-Source
roy      pts/1                         Mon Sep 11 08:50 - 08:51  (00:00)