Re: [News] eyeOS - Another Open Source (GPL/PHP/Apache) Web-based Operating System

flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:34:56 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> What is eyeOS?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | eyeOS is an Open Source Web Desktop Environment, commonly known as |
>> Web Operating System (Web OS) or Web Office. eyeOS is Open Source |
>> Software, and can be downloaded or used trought the official eyeOS |
>> server. The basic System comes with some office and PIM applications, |
>> and the complete eyeOS software database can be found at eyeApps.org and
>> | in the public server.
>> `----
>>
>> http://eyeois.org/
>
> Yet another Linux application re-inventing the wheel and getting it
> square.
>
> http://eyeos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=686&action=new
>
> "well ive tried on 20 computers and all cant login on internet explorer
> it stay on the same page"

I suspect that this will prove to be another area where IE didn't stick to
the rules. They were involved in the talks but seemed to come out with a
different list of rules to everyone else, maybe their representative just
couldn't read his own hand writing when he got back to the office so just
made it up, I know I have done simmilar. Beer at conferences is inversely
proportional to the readability of your own hand writting in the morning
lectures.

I must say I liked the look of the demo, I'll try it out to see if it might
be usefull for the sales reps. I'm interested in the idea of running it
from our internal servers too, mainly because I am dreading what MS are
going to do to ensure income from Vista and the new MS Office, I suspect
some serious incompatibilities are on the cards.