Re: [News] Microsoft Media Player Competes With Self, Not Apple

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 30 September 2006 14:28 \__

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20060929/zune-ipod-microsoft-apple-price.htm

>> This is similar to the effect of the XBox and Live Office. Microsoft
>> eliminates or obviates the need for some of its other products.
>>
>> Some say that delays in the release of the Playstation 3 pays off as PS2's
>> are still sold the most.
>
> I can't really see MS's Zune gaining the kudos which the iPod has.  MS's
> reputation is not very good, and continues to wallow, as they push
> unreliable games consoles, insecure operating systems, and governments
> to avoid the penalties for their illegal activities.  Although the
> average kid won't be hugely aware of all of these issues, again, the way
> social networks function suggests that these things will have an
> influence.
>
> Another example of this would be the continued decline of Macdonalds in
> the UK, since they sued a couple (and won, although even the Judge
> expressed his disgust with their business practices) for pointing out
> that their food is unhealthy and that their business practices are poor
> with respect to farming, treatment of workers and so on.  Since that
> court case (even though they won), Macdonalds' sales in the UK have
> nosedived, with shops closing all over.  They've tried to ameliorate the
> problem by purchasing "pret-a-manger", but as people find out that it's
> owned by Macdonalds, I rather doubt they'll continue to buy there,
> either.  Certainly, if you look at pret now, they're not what they were
> (quality food).

I abstain from going to Macdonalds as a matter of principle. In fact, I only
go to small shops that are rarely large chains. Allen's Fried Chicken, for
example, is a place where I always see the same faces (staff) and have a
friendly relationship with.

Bear in mind that I worked at Burger King for about a year, so my perception
of Macdonalds, as you would expect, is not positive.

More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mcdonald

Best wishes,

Roy

[.sig modified]

--
McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's