[News] A Myth is Broken; Linux Easier than Windows

The Perception that Windows is Easier to Use than Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I've often read in these forums Ubuntu new users claiming
| in a matter-of-fact way something along the lines of "Who
| are we kidding? Just face it--Windows is easier to use than
| Ubuntu." It's that obvious, is it? And, of course, it makes
| anyone who disagrees look like some kind of crazy Linux
| zealot.
`----

http://ubuntudemon.wordpress.com/2006/07/31/the-perception-that-windows-is-easier-to-use-than-ubuntu/

Links to a forum thread. Windows goes by habits that were acquired a decade
ago. This does not make it easier than interfaces that rapidly evolve (e.g.
Novell's usability research work on KDE and GNOME).