Re: [News] It's Official: Linux Ready for Games 'Out of the Box'

Oliver Wong <owong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    Interesting. Will the OS be free (as in beer)? If not, how much will it
> cost (presumably much less than Vista, right?)?

Well, you typically have to pay for TransGaming, but last I checked it
was a subscription model.  Perhaps they are bundling it for free on
Mandriva with the hopes that people will test drive it and decide its
worth the reoccurring cost.  I was willing to give them a try but the
time expired demo I downloaded seemed, well, already expired.

Hmmmm, Linux can now play World of Warcraft.  Dangerous... very
dangerous.  I kicked the tires a bit on a friends computer, and I
think I would be better off with a crack habit.  It looks way too
fun.

Later,

Thad