Re: [News] Windows Users, Time to Give Linux a Try With a Safe Test Drive

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Users, Time to Give Linux a Try With a Safe Test Drive
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 03:01:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Jim wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz came up with this when he headbutted the keyboard a moment
> ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
>
>> Discover Linux the safe way
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | It seems most PC users have heard of Linux and, at the very least, the
>> | idea of open source software has piqued their curiosity. Here, we
>> | explain open source in greater detail so, if you are interested in
>> | getting started with Linux, now is the time to give it a try.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.whatpc.co.uk/computeractive/features/2165148/discover-linux
>
> And here was I, totally convinced that Computer Active was Yet Another
> Terminally Windows-Centric Magazine...
>
> The mind boggleth...

Well boggle on:

A couple of months ago, that same Computer Active dedicated a whole
Print Magazine to Linux; featuring Kubuntu 6.0.6.

http://www.computeractive-direct.co.uk/index.cfm?p=16&itemid=2484

There it was, just sitting on the shelf in my local newsagents; the
epitome of Windows-centric, Point'n'Drool, Mom and Pop, Compootah
magazines ... with Tux and Kubuntu splattered all over it. I nearly wet
myself.

Also see: http://tinyurl.com/fe8uc (groups.google.co.uk)

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| L.A. town is falling down, while the ground moves around.
| We won't let it get us down; we're Californians!
`----
 - Animaniacs ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=XKcgTnfoM9Q )

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
 03:00:03 up 103 days,  3:16,  4 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.10, 0.03