Re: [SOT] A new idea for desktops

> I read a couple of days ago (or yesterday) that, due to the public commotion,
> an option for removing that sound has been added (in Control Panel, IIRC).
> What's funnier is that the almighty sound is apparently unfinished. The
> 'artist' is said to be working on it, still. It's amazing what Microsoft
> puts emphasis on. If only computers could be measures by their artwork and
> sound, Microsoft wouldn't have to program after Windows 95. Just experiment
> with some new graphics and get a bunch of people with an acoustic guitar.

To be fair, Microsoft has people working on many aspects of operating
systems, including the "toy" or "marketing" stuff.

> True. May I add the Vista's login screen was said to contain ads? I don't
> know if the plan has been changed since I last read this.

Almost every friggin' PC sold has ads for Intel, Microsoft, and ATI
(etc.) stuck to 'em with superglue.

> PS - Excuse my rants. It's probably a state of mind/mood that'll soon pass.

Until the next boot up.

--
   I had only one nerve left, and -dang- if you didn't git on it!