Re: Linear Relation of Stupidity

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 27 September 2006 00:11 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Tuesday 26 September 2006 23:57 \__
>>
>>> Stupidity of Person =  k * (|Posting Time - Now()|)
>>>
>>> Where k=Ohm's Stupidity Constant
>>
>> Why do you take the absolute value? Is anyone posting from the future? Is
>> the clock unaligned? Shouldn't that make stupidity a nagative value, which
>> is reasonable?
>
> The person posting way in the future, makes his articles sit at the top of
> the newsgroup for days, months even.   Thus annoying us.

I think that Gordon did this earlier today. I am not sure this was the first
time that his clock (or timezone) is unaligned. He posts in other groups and
I have been noticing the name pattern. Buy, hey, it's better than those
infamous *bump* posts.

> The person who posts way in the past, doesn't get his articles read, and
> thus his brand of stupid limits his ability to annoy us.   Yet, he is just
> as stupid.

Wisdom of Person = $log({number of crossposted posts}^2)$

A certain reader of this newsgroup is pushing hard towards 0.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: just set it and forget about it
Swap:  1036184k total,   659048k used,   377136k free,    58256k cached