Re: An easy-to-use / install distro?

Hadron Quark wrote:

> JPB <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> mwatters_newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

<snip>

>>> It just seems to me that the people wanting to disrupt discussion here
>>> would disrupt everything anyway. (stuff labled news or not)  So adding
>>> more for them to disrupt (posting numorous news stories) just makes the
>>> group have a lot more noise than actual discussion.
>>
>> Labelling it [News} is so that *you* can filter it if you want to reduce
>> the "clutter" from it.
>>
>> As for the trolls; the [News] is good for Linux advocates, it's like that
>> when the tide is coming in. That puts the trolls on a back foot, they've
>> either got to keep finding some way to spin these great stories
>> against us,
>
> But they dont because they filter them you fool.

Who are you calling a fool, Mr Wintroll?

> The only people seeing
> them are the nuts and newcomers who get frightened and leave.

Soaking up nuts like you is great, and gives us advocates a clear field of
fire to shoot you down. As for newcomers, it's an unmoderated newsgroup
which attracts trolling, what do you expect?

If newcomers want specific assistance or information on making Linux work
for them, there are better places for that than comp.os.linux.advocacy.

<snip>

>> Keep up the good work, Roy!
>
> Mark Kent? Is that you?

That'll be a No, though I do have some respect for Mark's posts, by and
large.

--
JPB