Re: [News] To Administrators, Everything Windows Already Exists in Linux

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Tuesday 26 September 2006 07:49 \__

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1218024,00.html

> The one thing I'm just starting to look into that may not exist in the
> Linux word is (shudder) Active Directory. I'm told it's something like a
> Registry (Windows style) for a network. Each user on a network has a
> directory entry and access to network resources as dictated by the
> directory.
>
> Finally. A single file that can completely destroy hundreds of machines
> over a wide area instead of just one. I find the idea a bit scary as a
> sysadmin.

How about this latest abstraction from Novell (SLED/SLES 10)?

Can Linux Desktops Live in an Active Directory World?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://reverendted.wordpress.com/2006/09/12/linux-goes-mad/