Re: French Company Hands Out Free Linux PC to Every Broadband Subscriber

  • Subject: Re: French Company Hands Out Free Linux PC to Every Broadband Subscriber
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:00:06 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, billwg
<bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on 25 Sep 2006 12:51:41 -0700
<1159213901.808192.72490@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Free computer with every broadband subscription!
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | It's a computer, working under the OS, Linux. It's a router. It's a
>> | DSL modem. It's also a telephone. All in one.
>> `----

>> http://tinyurl.com/lsvmh
>
> Have you been living in a tree, royboy?  AOL and MSN had deals like
> this ages ago.  And you got a real first line computer, not one of
> these oddball substitutes.

And we might yet again; the computer in this case would
run Windows Vista Basic Edition, and the OEM would load
it up with bundleware in addition thereto, and maybe some
adware and non-removable spyware as well.

Ideally, it would fit in a mailbox.  In practice, I suspect
something along the size of a Mac mini (2" x 6.5" x 6.5",
2.9 lbs), which won't fit in a small US postal box (3â??
by 5.5â??).

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.