Re: [comp.os.linux.advocacy] FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

__/ [ ed ] on Sunday 24 September 2006 22:08 \__

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:31:16 +0100
> Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hehe - Mr Quark's now threatening people - amazing!  There's something
>> terribly gutter about our wintrolls.  I do so wish that they'd go to
>> an appropriate group, rather than polluting this one.
>
> I think it's just a numbers game. If one considers that 1% of a
> linux users use this group, and 0.001% of windows users are trolls this
> group, then we're going to have a very high number of them. We just have
> to put up with it. Sadly.
>
> Better to just accept and ignore that sort of post. After all, the more
> time we respond to it, the less time we spend doing the code that we all
> so enjoy, after all, that's why most of us chose this OS.

Exactly.

I don't mind the trolls. They actually do me a favour. *tongue in cheeck*
Rather than just killfiling (/dev/null), I can just channel all thse
messages to the printer. At the end of the day, I'll go over to the tray and
take all that material home. Could save those toilet paper spendings...

Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
  6:20am  up 66 days 18:32,  9 users,  load average: 1.41, 0.76, 0.50