Re: OT: Download Windows Vista For Free.

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 17:38:55 +0200
Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:14:47 +0100
> > Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> In case of bandwidth limit per download,
> >>
> >> while [ true ] ;
> >> do
> >>   sudo nice --adjustment=-20 wget -O - http://tinyurl.com/kfgau >
> >>   /dev/null & sudo nice --adjustment=-20 wget -O -
> >>   http://tinyurl.com/kfgau > /dev/null & sudo nice --adjustment=-20
> >>   wget -O - http://tinyurl.com/kfgau > /dev/null ;
> >> done ;
> >>
> >> By the way, I thought about outputting to /dev/null, but couldn't
> >find > the option (still not familiar with the weath of options in
> >man wget).
> >
> > Heh this is getting close to those scripts I would write when some
> > cunt puts my email address in plain view on a website, with a
> > referral value of something like
> > "http://REMOVE.MY.EMAIL.ADDRESS.YOU.SICKO/";, then wait for the
> > bandwidth exceeded notice to appear on their site... They soon get
> > the message.
>
> I never had you tagged as a script kiddy.
>
> Yet more unsavoury action from Roy and his gang. I'm tempted to raise
> this with your ISP. But that would make me as bad as you!

If you can get through their customer support armed guard then well
done, that's more than I'm able to do.

If someone wishes to leave my private email address on their site for
any number of harvest bots to database, then they more than deserve to
loose their monthly bandwidth quota. That's called protecting my own
interest. The line my ISP provides me with is not anywhere near close
enough to do anything that shows up in the sites logs. The said siteop
noticed my message in the logs, removed the listing of around 2,000
email addresses and the script has never run since. I admins don't check
their email then they're in the wrong job.

Also, retrieving a webpage from a webserver is precisely what that
program was designed to do, their is nothing unlawful about that. Their
problem for not throttling the data, but that's what the data centre
guys are counting on, the faster the customer runs out of data quota the
faster they have to pay more for the hosting.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://www.usenix.org.uk
proud java hacker