Re: how to stop crawler to index web page?

__/ [ Paul ] on Saturday 23 September 2006 12:13 \__

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:08:37 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Could sniff user-agent and deliver different content
>
> Doesn't that come under black hat ?

Maybe for the Web site (well, it's the Webmaster that risks banishment), but
not for the surfer. I make special efforts to never report my browser type
and O/S properly because there is too much discrimination and poor
development on the Web. Not to mention privacy invasion (e.g. Google
Analytics, which is a good reason to disable scripts). If a site is behaving
badly, I wish to be denied access and move on to more interesting content --
that which is managed by content creators that are better informed. *smile*