[News] BBC Teaches Public About the Dangers of Internet Explorer, Windows

Browser flaw seen on porn sites

,----[ Excerpt ]
`----

,----[ Summary ]
`----

,----[ Arbitrary portion ]
| Unusable PC
|
| Tests by Sunbelt Software on a Windows machine patched with all the
| latest security updates showed attackers installing a huge amount of
| spyware and other malicious programs.
|
| Any Windows PC suffering such an infection would become unusable.
|
| Following the discovery of the bug, Microsoft issued a formal alert
| that tells users how to avoid falling victim while a patch is being
| prepared.
|
| Microsoft said the patch would be ready for the next monthly security
| update on 10 October. However, it said it would release the patch earlier
| if the situation warrants it.

It's worth mentioning because I very well recall that, over a year ago, never
would Windows, Microsoft, or IE be mentioned. These were assumed to be an
equivalent of "PC" or "computer". This leaves naive users in the dark w.r.t.
some wider scope.