Re: [News] Linus <the Pirate> Announces New Stable Kernel

  • Subject: Re: [News] Linus <the Pirate> Announces New Stable Kernel
  • From: Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:54:11 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

> Linux: 2.6.18 Kernel Released
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Linux: 2.6.18 Kernel Released
> | From: Linus Torvalds [email blocked]
> | Subject: Arrr! Linux 2.6.18
> | Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
> |
> | Ahoy!
> | She's good to go, hoist anchor!
> | Here's some real booty for all you land-lubbers.
> `----
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/node/7144

Aye, laddy, I ulready downloaded and installed it on me Debian box at
work; the durn thing needed to be rebuilt anyway since I'd just upgraded
gcc and VMPlayer insisted on being built with the same version of
compiler as the kernel.

It works, just one little problem that makes ata_piix modprobe really
slow, adding to the boot time.

And I'm surprised at how much faster vmplayer/vmworkstation is than
qemu.  Really surprised.

--
   "Tricorder readings indicate the presence of hot bitches, Captain."