[News] MOST Corporate Windows Desktops are Malware-Riddled

Over 50% of corporate desktops infected with malware: IronPort

,----[ Quote ]
| The report also reveals that more than 50% of corporate desktops
| worldwide are infected with some type of spyware with the rate of
| infection as high as 70% in the United States. Trojans or malicious
| system monitors represented over 7% of the infections. Rootkits and
| trick loaders, which reinstall spyware and other obfuscation techniques,
| make remediation very difficult thus prevention is the key to stopping
| these threats.
`----

http://www.crn-india.com/breakingnews/stories/66870.html

But Microsoft, much like our resident Winvocates and apologists, says that
only 2% of the Windows PC's out there are found to have malware, according
to some tools. Speaking of lies and bias, Microsoft also claimed a failure
rate of 5% for the XBox 360. EA put the bar at 30-50%, based on a sample of
~500.