Re: [News] Closed-source CDs Not Taking Off

__/ [ John Locke ] on Tuesday 10 April 2007 13:33 \__

> The only people affected by this AACS crap are the ordinary PC users.
>
> The real pirates will be stamping out Hi-Def CDs by the gazillions
> using sophisticated duplicating equipment.

Yes, and having got the keys, no patches will fix what's already out there.
It's defective from the get-go, so it won't stop piracy. It will only piss
honest people off... not allowing them to back up the media, play it
everywhere they go, keep it for the future, move it from one platform to
another (without unnecessary pains)... ahhh... recall the days when you just
put a tape in the stereo and played it as you pleased. I have never dealt
with DRM at all, but I hear stories.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
         run-level 5  Mar 11 15:57                   last=S