Re: COLA accreditations

__/ [ p5000011@xxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 10 April 2007 00:34 \__

> Microsoft have their MVP's (if you've ever subscribed to any windows
> newsgroup you'll find loads of them proudly boasting their MVP yet
> giving next to useless help).
>
> So why don't we have COLA accreditations?
>
> IL4MS - I lie for Microsoft
>
> MWIAS - My Windows is always secure
>
> MSPMTF - Microsoft pay me to FUD
>
> MSA - Microsoft apologist
>
> Surely it's the least we can do for the, pathetic, trolls that infest
> this newsgroup. :-)

I couldn't agree more. In the electronic world, it's easy to flag, or filter,
or vote. But what happens when IL4MS/MWIAS/MSPMTF/MSA goes voting for OOXML
(monopoly enabler), pressures political figures, and makes decision in some
enterprise while dining with Microsoft every now and then.

The least we can do is identify IL4MS/MWIAS/MSPMTF/MSA and call their
"bluff". The same goes for the press, which has fortunately opened up a bit
since it began thriving on-line (with blogs and openness to participation).
Shills get no mercy. They get exposed.

I think that COLA helps expose Open Source foes and bring to people's
attention what is /really/ happening in the corporate world and governments.
the discussion is about Open Source (including Linux of course), but also
about transparency -- that which leaves the naked empower embarrassed. In a
world with easy communication (low barriers), where everybody knows
everything (bar censorship*), everybody will think twice before doing monkey
business. Knowledge can lead to better ethics.

As for responding to IL4MS/MWIAS/MSPMTF/MSA, it's pointless. It's like
wrestling with a pig in mud. You both get dirty, but only the pig enjoys it.

__
*Some theorise (conspiracy theorists) that Thailand planted that infamous
King video in order to have an excuse to block the site. A deposed minister
who was exiled used that site to deliver his messages against the
government, so increasingly the authorities try to hide what people say.
They call it anarchy, rather than freedom of speech.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
         run-level 5  Mar 11 15:57                   last=S