[News] Free Software Reduces Computing Costs Very Sharply (Cost Comparison Table)

Why Use Software Illegally When You Can Use Legally...

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/04/08/why-use-software-illegally-when-you-can-use-legally/
http://tinyurl.com/38kkkd

| This is where the open source movement comes in.
|
| As Dina writes, many software companies have been dealing with the
| global software piracy problem in a very punitive manner. Open source
| changes that.
|
| If markets like Ukraine and Russia and China and India begin adopting
| open source options at a furious clip, there could come a day when
| the U.S. market leaders aren't leaders outside their local market.
| Not only would the "price" be more economically acceptable, but the
| source code (in theory) would include coding philosophies and
| features more tuned to the local market. And then, software piracy
| will be the least of the big ISVs' problems.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/198800431

Save $1,285 per Computer and Still Remain Business-ready

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're one of the people who would consider themselves 'brave
| nough', I have a little surprise for you; you can save between
| $1,264.97 to $1,284.97 per computer in lowered licensing costs,
| and you don't even have to switch away from Windows (if you don't
| want to).
`----

http://www.playingwithwire.com/2006/11/save-1285-per-computer-and-still.html

Report: Use ODF, Save 550 Million