[News] Microsoft's Troops Are Actually Lawyers, Not Programmers

Inside the Microsoft War Room

,----[ Quote ]
| Help wanted: Anyone want a job as a patent litigator at the world's
| biggest software company?
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft became a patent powerhouse only after the Supreme Court's
| 1998 State Street decision legitimized patents on software. The
| company revamped its patenting regime and went from a portfolio of
| less than a dozen patents to more than 5,000 today.
`----

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1175850243704

Microsoft software patent lawyers are bigger criminals than marketers who
brainwash the public using deceptful (if not altogether false) marketing.
How do the programmers fit the company? Ask a Microsoft manager:

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39286351,00.htm