Re: As Time Goes By, Far Fewer People Want Windows Vista

Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 08:27:15 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

>>> Then I agree, he should stop.

>>> Doesn't he read Linux Format? They're doing  a series of
>>> articles/tutorials on Mono-related stuff.
>>>
>>> I'm not wildly in favour of the MS-Novell thing, myself, but it's not the
>>> end of the world or of open source/free software, either.
>>
>> OK, so now the question is, what is the worth of Roy's news posts?  We
>> have several examples where he is purposefully using them to FUD.  That
>> makes it hard to know when to trust any of his posts.  And on the ones
>> where he does not FUD, that same information is easily available by
>> simply reading a couple of news aggregator web sites, or getting a
>> couple of RSS feeds.  That's also usually more efficient when dealing
>> with a large number of articles than getting them through a usenet
>> newsgroup.
>
> Well, speaking fore myself, I don't do RSS, and I get a fair number of
> my

Do you do Firefox? There really is nothing to it. RSS "just works". And
you get to see it in the context it was intended - not plagiarised and
misrepresented by Roy.

> Linux links from COLA. And other posters here have expressed support for
> Roy's posts in general, even if the NEWS posts have been criticised for
> some aspects.

Few people support Roy's spamming. Most have him killfiled as any quick
glance at who vocally support him and who replies to him will
reveal. Hint - the same tiny subset.

> I've nothing against them, he just needs to tighten up on accuracy and
> tone down the FUD. Remember, he may genuinely believe in his point of view
> for example wrt Mono, and not consider it FUD.

If Roy considers himself a search engine expert, does that make it right
to talk rubbish about them?

The problem is that Roy continually lies and twists posts to suit his
agenda. It is a vile and dishonest way to go about re-reporting other
peoples scoops.

--
They are most deceived that trusteth most in themselves.