[News] Conversion of Machines to GNU/Linux and OSS in the US and the UK

How TerraCycle Built a Corporate Network With Discarded Hardware and Open
Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| "The decision to use open source was based partly on the fact that
| it's cheaper because it's free. But we also thought it was the best
| platform to develop on," he says. The hard drives on the used
| equipment came wiped, and Beyer says he didn't run into any problems
| as he got the systems up and running. "We probably have a slightly
| higher hard drive failure rate, given that most of them are five
| years old," says Beyer.
`----

http://www.cio.com/article/102211/How_TerraCycle_Built_a_Corporate_Network_With_Discarded_Hardware_and_Open_Source_Software
http://tinyurl.com/yt2tbc