[News] Live CDs Put GNU/Linux Ahead in the Recovery Turf

Why linux live cd are important? How useful is it?

,----[ Quote ]
| Let me tell you my story, with some linux commands examples,
| that I used along with live cd during investigation and
| repairing windows machine.
`----

http://linux.byexamples.com/archives/246/why-linux-live-cd-are-important-how-useful-is-it/
http://tinyurl.com/yotqv5

In a world without choice, who needs live CDs for testing? OEMs just
preinstall a single OS in line with the exclusionary contracts. Perhaps
Microsoft's online demo (browser-bound) of Vista demonsrates the difficulty
they have selling it.