[News] Joe Average Introduced to 3D Linux Desktops?

,----[ Quote ]
| While we all wait for Windows Vista  to bring the 'Wow' and
| Apple to drop their Leopard, it's a good time to examine what
| might make a next-generation computer desktop really cool.
| One thing is certain; your next desktop will be more 3D and
| have task juggling capabilities to satisfy even the most
| ADD among us.
|
| [...]
|
| If you want an experimental desktop you can play around with now,
| you can install a Linux-based OS called Beryl that goes
| absolutely nuts with 3D.
`----

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9704795-1.html

Where does one download this operating system called "Beryl"? This comes to
show that people are not yet sufficiently familiar with GNU/Linux.

Related:

Looking Glass on Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The Sun's Looking Glass Project for a 3D GUI running on
| Ubuntu Linux (Dapper).
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjQ4Nza34ak

Linux lowfat software for picture 3D XGL

,----[ Quote ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkrM4ymkiDo