Re: Patch Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot Reboot

__/ [ AB ] on Wednesday 04 April 2007 19:05 \__

> On 2007-04-04, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> claimed:
>>

>>> Speaking of WinFS, it was going to be included in Vista, and I think
>>> they said it would be made available on XP. Then I recall seeing
>>> sometime that they were going to have to make it available later for
>>> Vista as well. Anybody know the status on that?
>>
>> When they do, they'll make sure that you can't access it from Linux.
>> Just imagine a world in which we had real competition, even if Linux
>> still had a small share.  One OS could advertise, "Works with Linux!"
>> Instead we have one beast (as in "Beast of Redmond") that spends more
>> effort trying to screw the competition than in providing secure, bug-
>> free software.
>
> I'm not too woried about all that. The Beast is eating itself. It'll
> flop around and make a lot of scary noises while it dies. But it's
> already dead for all intents and purposes.
>
> The more they isolate themselves from the rest of the world through
> lack of interoperability and adherence to standards, the more they
> ensure they stay on the north side of the point of no return.

http://www.os2site.com/sw/info/comes/px09509.zip

 MS: "For example, we should take the lead in establishing a common approach
 to UI and to interoperability (of which OLE is only a part). Our efforts
 to date are focussed too much on our own apps, and only incidentally on
 the rest of the industry. We want to own these standards, so we should
 not participate in standards groups. Rather, we should call 'to me' to
 the industry and set a standard that works now and is for everyone's
 benefit. We are large enough that this can work."

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Disclaimer: no SCO code used to generate this post
roy      pts/3                         Thu Apr  5 00:14 - 00:14  (00:00)