[News] Another Microsoft Service Gets Axed

Microsoft bCentral small business directory is going away

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft retiring Submit It!
|
| On May 18th 2007 Microsoft will retire its Submit It! service. The
| service's site preparation, directory submittal, and reporting tools
| will be decommissioned.

http://oldschoolseo.com/2007/04/04/microsoft-bcentral-small-business-directory-is-going-away/
http://tinyurl.com/2hkwlo

Related:

Microsoft will be phasing out the GotDotNet site by July 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft will phase out all GotDotNet functionality by July 2007.
| We will phase out features according to the schedule below.
`----

http://www.gotdotnet.com/default.aspx

Sources: Several Windows Live Projects Halted

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Windows Live desktop search project has been
| shelved "indefinitely," although not much reasoning has been
| given as to the reason for its demise.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Sources_Several_Windows_Live_Projects_Halted/1163715423

Is Windows Live dying?

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the last year, Microsoft's Windows Live service lineup has
| grown exponentially. At one point months ago, it seemed clear
| that every service Microsoft brought online would fall under the
| Live brand, but lately the trend seems to be moving slowly in
| the opposite direction. What's happening to Windows Live?
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2007/2/20/7154

Windows Live Shopping no more - MSN Shopping to remain

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.liveside.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/02/19/windows-live-shopping-no-more-msn-shopping-to-remain.aspx
http://tinyurl.com/287gy6