Re: [News] Apple Suspected of 'Censoring' YouTube

__/ [ thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 04 April 2007 06:09 \__

>> I think the grand goal is to deprive people from entertainment, thereby
>> forcing them to go out and buy some. That's what shutting down Internet
>> radio (by elevating royalties through lobbying) is all about. In their
>> view, in order to survive, people mustn't entertain one another for free.
>> How long before everyone get charged to visit the mall? The land of
>> nothing for free.
>
> This is exactly what I hate about our current 'intellectual property'
> system.  I have no problem with content owners protecting their
> copyrights.  I have no problem with paying for content I really want
> access to.  It really burns me, however, when the big content providers
> trample all over legitimate venues for independent content and try
> to usurp fair use, all in the supposed name of protecting their IP.
> Their motives obviously go deeper than that; they want to continue to
> control the distribution channels.  The Internet is a threat to them.

Disruptive trend. They won't let it be as long as they can change the law
(move goalposts).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
  7:00am  up 23 days 14:03,  7 users,  load average: 1.36, 1.25, 1.26