Re: Linux is Fine for Accounting (Just Go Web-based)

__/ [ Gordon ] on Wednesday 04 April 2007 00:11 \__

> Larry Qualig wrote:
>
>> Not this tired old crap again. The revolution of web-based document
>> storage has been touted for years. But virtually nobody does this.
>
> Ummm yes they do. I used to be Group management Accountant for a quoted IT
> company in the UK. One of our services was on-line document storage. JP
> Morgan, who you /may/ have heard of, the investment bankers, were one of
> our clients. THEY stored *ALL* their documents on *our* servers, to be
> accessed on-line, by any authorised web-enabled computer.

And Google makes its applications available as an appliance for businesses,
so they can do SOA/SaaS without having _any_ contact with Google, which
merely provides an appliance, with occasional patches and updates (need to
just patch the server, as client machines use the service). It is a whole
new way of thinking. They already do this successfully with their search
appliance, which got Microsoft angry (read: scared).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
roy      pts/3                         Wed Apr  4 02:44 - 02:44  (00:00)