Re: [News] Linux Brings Vinyls and Old PCs Back to Life

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 01:38:30 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> How to revitalize mature pentiums
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Hardware that is obsolete in Windows World is not obsolete in the real
> | world!
> `----
>
> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/free_computing

The problem here is that this guy will soon trip over another discarded
computer that's even better than his Pentium 3... and then another one
after that.  It's a slippery slope, and these machines are not easy to
give away even when they are all dialed in and working perfectly.

Here is part of my computer collection from last year... I managed to get
rid of 2 of them.

http://www.geocities.com/wilkes_charlie/box_collection.htm

Charlie