Re: [News] Australian Morning Paper Recommends Linux, Not Vista

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 03 April 2007 14:55 \__

http://www.theage.com.au/news/home-office/linux-reloaded/2007/03/31/1174761806748.html

> It just keeps coming, doesn't it?  In fact, if we consider the evidence
> floating around, the question should probably be "Is Vista better than
> anything?", to which the answer seems likely to be a very resounding
> "no".

Is it better than Windows 2000? Everyone would argue that looks aside (XP can
be enhanced to look like Vista), even XP is better than Vista in almost
every way. Windows is _all about inertia_ at this stage. It's all about
perception as even lockins are wearing out.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
Cpu(s):  22.9% user,   4.8% system,   0.8% nice,  71.6% idle