Re: [News] US Government Comes Under Scrutiny Over Windows Intrusion

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7
<website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:48:17 GMT
<RV7Wh.4633$Ro3.3121@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Cyberattacks at federal agencies draw House scrutiny
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | In the process of analyzing that malicious code, analysts also
>> | discovered another previously unknown hole in the Windows operating
>> | system that lacked a security patch.
>> `----
>>
>> http:/
> news.com.com/2100-7348_3-6177783.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
>

> All Micoshaft windopz IT infrastructure is run in Quarantine Mode
> in all companies, governments and military
> protected by Linux routers, Linux firewalls,
> Linux proxy servers and Linux servers.

Pedant Point: I highly doubt this, though it should be protected
by non-Microsoft routers, firewalls, etc. in most cases.
Solaris, FreeBSD, and possibly Symbian come to mind as alternatives.

As long as the playing field's reasonably level. :-)

> It makes no IT business sense to invest in micoshaft products
> when dangers like these are a frequent occurrance.
> Its far better for governments and companies to invest in
> Linux desktops and Linux applications.

It's certainly a far more open process for governments.  :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  It'll Fix Everything(tm).