Re: [News] McNealy in Support of Open Standards, Sun Opens Up Servers for Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 16:53 \__

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070417025728436

> He's quite right about this.  I don't truly understand why the Chinese
> decided to invent their own, here, but it does seem to dilute the effort
> of ODF somewhat.  Microsoft will hang on to their vertically-locked
> format for as long as they can squeeze their last customer for upgrade
> cash.

Outside the US, their fight is a lost cause, despite all the lobbying. Watch
them lose a lot of market share. The cash cow is getting leaner.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
Tasks: 119 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie