[News] Marten Mickos Says Open Source Software is Our Future, News Supports This Assessment

MySQL CEO: Open Source Is Software's Game of The Future

,----[ Quote ]
| Marten Mickos, CEO of MySQL AB, gave a keynote address at the Software
| and Information Industry Association software strategy summit in San
| Francisco yesterday. His topic was "Building A Sustainable Open
| Source Business." Like a good hockey player, he advised the
| audience to "skate to where the puck is going to be."
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/04/mysql_ceo_open.html

Let's see what we also have in the news:

Zenoss builds a competitive advantage with open source infrastructure

,----[ Quote ]
| "...The fact that you can use Linux without a per-seat licensing fee
| helps us quite a bit. It keeps our costs down. Instead of spending a
| lot of money buying expensive proprietary software, we can pay salaries
| for developers and get our product to market quicker."
`----

http://community.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/04/10/1849252&from=rss

OSGeo Graduates MapGuide Open Source to Full Project Status

,----[ Quote ]
| With more than 25,000 downloads in its first year and an average of
| four to five thousand downloads per month in 2007, the software
| is already being embraced by the geospatial open source community.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070417/sftu054.html?.v=95

Watchfire Expands to Open Source Ecosystem

,----[ Quote ]