Re: [News] ECT Advice: Look at Linux Before Vista; Man Switching from Vista to Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Considering Vista? Give Linux a Look
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | One key sticking point with Vista is the way it hogs resources: The
> | system will only run in entirety on new, well equipped computers.
> | Linux, often represented by the penguin mascot, can run without
> | problem on machines with less memory, processor and graphic card
> | performance. Linux also turns heads compared with Vista and Mac
> | OS when it comes to price.

It's clear to all that the 2GHz processor, 1-2G memory and a 200GB hard disk
is the sweet spot...if you run Linux (Suse).

Too much hardware is not a good thing.

I just stripped down my box to 1 DVD/R/W, 1 200G HD.

I have an Athlon 2400, 1G

1G memory.

Even as a gaming station with an nVidia card -- it sings!

--

http://you-read-it-here-first.com