Re: [News] Xandros Gets a Deal With Office Depot, Puts Linux in the Stores

  • Subject: Re: [News] Xandros Gets a Deal With Office Depot, Puts Linux in the Stores
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 02:20:15 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:WLrxkLUyuYITbb9UVoLkdB9JfH4=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> [snips]
>
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:45:27 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Office Depot to Sell Xandros Software
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | ...Office Depot, a leading global provider of office products and
>> | services, will deliver Xandros' line of business and consumer Linux
>> | desktop operating systems to the market.
>
> Give it a week.  Even if it sells a million copies, we'll have DFS or some
> other twit harping on about the microscopic market share of Linux,
> completely oblivious to the existence of other distros, free downloads,
> allowed copying and the like.

The market share is easy to define for anyone looking for real numbers
and who can think a little - the share of possible installs. Its
really not that difficult no matter how you COLA dolts try and wriggle
out of it.

--
They are most deceived that trusteth most in themselves.