Re: Linux Bad News: Selling Poorly On Mars

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:24:11 +0100
<3529681.uFYUx0mLhk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Monday 16 April 2007 17:08 \__
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, flyer
>> <flyer@xxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 02:52:53 -0700
>> <MPG.208b95d15e80d7e398968e@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>>
>>> Admittedly, few customers there even need it, but hey, we need to keep
>>> things balanced.
>>>
>>> As well, Linux is proving plainly horrible for plastering walls, or for
>>> digging trenches deeper than about 40 feet.
>>>
>>> The good news is that Red Hat is planning a low-grav version.
>>>
>>> ALL the Linux good news is likely to lead to mental trauma within shill
>>> ranks if we're not careful.
>>>
>>> And after all, they live on Earth too -- we don't want them messing up
>>> the good-vibe field any more than necessary.
>>
>> Does that mean we're not going to be able to replace the operating
>> systems on certain Mars-based mobile hardware, then?
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Damn that NASA monopoly!
>
> Do you play this game with hotels and dice, or do you just flip over some
> alien and build Armstrongs on the planet's surface.

I was thinking of hijacking a spacecraft, picking up the rovers, and
then putting them back... :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail