Re: [News] OSDL's Microvell Apologist Starts Open Source Business

__/ [ flyer ] on Tuesday 17 April 2007 10:06 \__

> In article <1583085.UYFuaPT4Ef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
>> Former OSDL CEO Launches Startup
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "It is really about using the open-source methodology that has
>> | made Linux what it is, where competitive vendors all came
>> | together to work on the operating system. Customers want us
>> | to bring a set of like-minded companies together to work on
>> | customer-based applications," Cohen said.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2114409,00.asp
>>

>> Related:
>>
>> Group Formed to Support Linux as Rival to Windows
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Those same companies have decided that the time has come to consolidate
>> | their collaborative support into a new group, the Linux Foundation,
>> | which is being announced today. And the mission of the new organization
>> | is help Linux, the leading example of the open-source model of software
>> | development, to compete more effectively against Microsoft, the world?s
>> | largest software company.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | The work of two other groups -- the Open Source Development Labs and the
>> | Free Standards Group -- will be folded into the Linux Foundation, and
>> | those organizations will no longer exist. Mr. Zemlin had been the head
>> | of the Free Standards Group.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/22/technology/22linux.html
>
> Roy, did you hear the one about the two shills having a discussion -- was
> like two drunks engaged in mutual regurgitation.

As some regulars would insist, I think we must ignore all the shills here and
not even post indirect replies that quote their drivel. It is outrageous
that they invade 'our side'. It's totally out of place, but I don't think it
mischaracterises the company which puts anti-Linux ads in Linux Web sites,