Re: [News] Short Cedega Review; Inquirer Editor Tries and Reviews GNU/Linux

__/ [ John Locke ] on Tuesday 17 April 2007 05:33 \__

>>It means that Windows XP users may actually get /more/ games working if
>>they switch to Linux, rather than move into the 'land of no games' (AKA
>>Vista). Virtualisation is not a solution here. It's an ugly workaround that
>>won't last for long. It is also not secure (not with the PC plugged to the
>>network).
>
> Roy, if this is ture, its very significant. The gamers make a lot of
> noise when their apps don't run right and they buy a lot of new PCs.
> It'll be quite the thing when they start demanding Linux be installed
> on their new machines. Hmmm...maybe Dell saw this coming...HP too.

IMHO, Dell and H-P could preinstall Cedega and/or CrossOver on Linux, even
for a fee. It'll still cost less than Windows. Then, buyers would be able to
run Windows software and games that _Windows Vista will not tolerate_. The
less pricey option will still have wine, which runs all the software
reviewed in the link I provided, according to someone in Digg. Like Google,
the OEMs can even assist the improvement of Wine.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://debian.org
  6:05am  up 2 days  5:33,  5 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.19, 0.41