Re: [News] US Military Uses Windows, Gets Hijacked, Spews Out SPAM

>But seriously, with so much Linux deployed throughout the U.S. military,
>and these constant security epidemics with Windows, why is there
>*anyone* left still deploying Windows in the U.S. military?
I think there starting to get the message.

>And financial institutions should also know better. Using Windows for
>ATMs, credit card transactions, financial databases, or any other
>sensitive data, is pure insanity. Are they mad, or just stupid?
A lot of  banks use the IBM AS/400 series servers with OS/400,
especially in Europe. Also there's IBM's eServer p5 510 Unix based
system. Quite a few banks are using Linux. So I quess they're
not all mad.

When I worked for the government, we were told very bluntly that
we would NOT be allowed to even consider Microsoft as a server
solution. We used a mix of Unix, Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
We had some smart managers, fortunately.