Re: [News] Microsoft on the Hunt for Cheaper Labour

> H-1B, the outsourcing visa
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | ZDNet is running a blog by John Carroll where he discusses how H-1B
> | visas in the US are being used by Indian outsourcing firms to displace
> | US workers. "Rather than preventing the outsourcing of jobs, the H-1B
> | program acts in just the opposite way, by accelerating the outsourcing
> | of high-wage, high-skill jobs to low-cost countries."
> |
> | A slightly different take on the situation than Guy Fawkes
> | previous Technocrat story on the subject.
> `----
>
> http://technocrat.net/d/2007/4/15/17993

Gee whiz! I wonder how patriotic "Peter Bilt, American!" feels now
(remember *that* idiot?).

> No direct link, because it's a Microsoft employee. The arguments about
> Microsoft and patriotism no longer seems valid.

Greedy monopolists have no time for patriotism, they're too busy looking
out for number one.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2307.fc5
 22:48:10 up 5 days,  6:59,  2 users,  load average: 0.85, 0.47, 0.41