Re: Wi-Fi Bug Found in Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 16 April 2007 09:53 \__

>> __/ [ Linonut ] on Sunday 15 April 2007 22:42 \__
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, East belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Can we have a link?
>>
>> The bug was fixed _before_ this became public. It's Madwifi, a wrapper to
>> Win32 binary blobs IIRC, which only comes to show why binary drivers are
>> unwanted.
>>

> Is this correct - this is really a Windows driver problem?

I'm watching a lot of discussions about it ATM. The reporters are being
slagged off for not understanding the context, not realising it's an old
(and already-patched) bug, and hyping things up in general.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
roy      pts/4                         Mon Apr 16 08:05 - 08:09  (00:03)