Re: DO YOU HAVE ERROR IN PC SCAN AND DOWNLOAD FOR FREE

  • Subject: Re: DO YOU HAVE ERROR IN PC SCAN AND DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
  • From: Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:21:40 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Op Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:56:08 -0700, schreef pandiyan.gpandi@xxxxxxxxx:

>     * A Slow System?

Nope ...

>     * Harassed by DLL errors?

Um, nope ...

>     * Plagued by constant Blue Screens?

Well, my desktop background *is* blue, but I couldn't actually say that
I'm plagued by it ... moreover, I selected that colour myself ...

>     * Receiving error messages and
>       don't know why?

Now that you mention it ... I still get these phone calls from people,
such as "Help, Windows won't start!". And indeed I haven't the foggiest as
to why they call /me/ about it.

> Did you know that most of these issues are easily repairable? Don't
> pay a technician loads of money for an issue that you can easily
> repair yourself!      scan your pc now
> http://crapware-fixing.crapware.net/

Hm, looks good ...

[Download][Installer opens with Wine]

Hey, this is pretty easy! Almost as easy as installing stuff under Linux!
Shame though that the desktop link doesn't seem to work ... ah well, no
problem for an überGeek such as me ...

[Starting RegistryFix.exe from terminal]
$ wine RegistryFix.exe
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\RegistryFix\\RegistryFix.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\RegistryFix\\RegistryFix.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program
Files\\RegistryFix\\RegistryFix.exe" failed, status c0000135

I'll be buggered with a chainsaw! There's the DLL errors already, just as
advertized!
Then again, I haven't noticed any slowing down of my system yet ... as a
matter of fact, it doesn't seem to do anything at all, apart from those
error messages!

Ah well, I guess it's just another typical piece of half-baked Windows
crapware. All hat and no cattle. I think I'll stick to Linux for another
ten years or so. Maybe Windows has more or less caught up by then.

Richard Rasker

--
Linetec Translation and Technology Services

http://www.linetec.nl/