Re: [News] Vista ReadyBoost Might Do More Harm Than Good

__/ [ John Locke ] on Sunday 15 April 2007 21:33 \__

> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 04:58:03 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Microsft Vista's ReadyBoost: Is worth the hype??
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| The performance gain in second time 18seconds vs 5:30 seconds was
>>| due to SuperFetch technology which has nothing to do with ReadyBoost.
>>|
>>| Then Microsoft Word 2007 was loaded. Without ReadyBoost for first time
>>| took 5 seconds and with ReadyBoost took 26 seconds :-s.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| Is ReadyBoost meant to work this way :-/ Is this a Flaw in Vista or like
>>| Microsoft is doing making Flaws as Features. Is this also a feature??
>>|
>>| The mystery continues....
>
> Why should I have to plug in a flash drive to get more performance out
> of Vista applications. I would think if Vista was running properly,
> this would not be needed. What am I missing here ?

More testing.

After scraping Longhorn around September 2005, Microsoft put together a
Server 2003 (XP) derivative for about 6 month before calling 'feature
freeze' (it decided to call this Vista). 6 months! That's like Ubuntu's
release cycle. It's like comparing Edgy and Feisty, but trying to squeeze in
a lot more into an already-bloated and monolithic codebase.

Vista backlash grows; key advocate moves back to XP

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://gracefulflavor.net/2007/03/06/vista-backlash-grows-key-advocate-moves-back-to-xp/
http://tinyurl.com/2ldrbe

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | < http://debian.org >
Mem:    514480k total,   480632k used,    33848k free,     5228k buffers