[News] When Uninstalling Vista is the Better Choice

Why I Uninstalled Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| I am a Mac virgin. I am a Linux virgin too. In fact, only Windows has had
| the pleasure of my computing. My fidelity is bliss.
|
| [...]
|
| HASTA LA VISTA
|
| Post-enlightenment and at home, I sat staring daggers at the
| translucent-windows crap of Vista. I was reminded of all the
| times when my PC reacted so darn slowly.
`----

http://www.think.com.my/article.cfm?art_ID=149

The following shows what happens when you naively embrace Vista:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/872/screenrq9.jpg

The following is said to show that nothing but _greed_ led Microsoft to
requiring Vista for DX10. It turns out that, using OpenGL, DX10 works just
fine in Windows XP.

http://www.ozone3d.net/tutorials/g80_opengl_programming/